A life of sobriety begins with a safe environment to detox
The first step for the majority of people going into treatment is detox. Bradford understands that the initial process can be intimidating and dangerous if done alone. That is why we provide a supportive and comfortable place to detox medically safely.
Detox services at Bradford feature:
- Clinical and medical evaluation
- Individualized detox treatment planning
- 24/7 clinical and medical care
- Case management
- Planning and assistance with transitioning to the next level of care
- Access to the Bradford Family Program, our free online support seminar for friends and family members
- Support after treatment through the Bradford Alumni Program
What is Detoxing?
Detoxing is abstaining the body from alcohol or drugs until they are no longer physically dependent on the substance. Removing intoxicates is necessary before considering the next steps in a recovery treatment plan.
As a person becomes tolerant of a substance, they will also become dependent on the substance. With repeated use, the withdrawal symptoms of the substance will manifest as the exact opposite to the effect of the drug.
This opposite effect exhibits in the withdrawal process, which often includes severe symptoms such as shaking, headache, or vomiting, as the body seeks to establish homeostasis without the substance. In one of our detox treatment centers, the patient is safely managed by professionals in drug and alcohol treatment.
Bradford Detox Treatment Locations
We offer medical detox services at each of our inpatient rehab facilities. Patients receive treatment in a comfortable setting, supervised by our caring professional staff.