Chronic Pain Services
“Suffering isn’t ennobling. Recovery is.” Dr. Christiaan Barnard.
For many reasons, chronic pain is afflicting more and more people across the U.S.
Living with pain is hard enough for the person. But chronic pain also takes a toll on family members, caregivers, hospitals and clinics, community and government services, even the economy. That’s some reach.
At Bradford, we offer treatments and services that can help people manage their pain, find relief, increase their ability to function and improve their life quality. Delivering these offerings is our team of licensed professionals and specialists – all known for their skill, compassion and talent for providing premium care.
Pain we treat: arthritis, migraine, failed surgeries, neuropathy, fibromyalgia, chronic pain syndrome, diseases of the neck and back.
- address the physical de-conditioning that occurs with chronic pain
- introduce activities and techniques that can improve physical function
- address co-occurring issues associated with chronic pain (such as depression, anxiety, sleep difficulty)
- offer treatment options that do not expose the patient to the risk of addictive medication
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), for trauma
- Stress management and coping skills
- Exercise for pain recovery
- Non-habit-forming medication, as appropriate
- Preventing pain flare-up and relapse
- Nutrition for pain recovery
- Sleep regulation and, if indicated, sleep evaluation