If you’re struggling with pain or addiction or want help on behalf of someone who is, call us now at 1-866-977-7158 or visit one of the resources below.
- 12StepMe – Provides online chats 24/7, online AA meetings, and other resources.
- Alcoholics Anonymous – Provides online meetings, “get help” contacts, and other resources.
- Al-Anon Family Groups – Provides online meetings, telephone meetings, and other resources to families of alcoholics.
- Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse – Working to spread awareness of addiction.
- Cocaine Anonymous – Provides online meetings, email meetings, and other resources.
- Crystal Meth Anonymous – Provides online meetings, speaker recordings, and other resources.
- Dual Recovery Anonymous – Provides online meetings, personal stories, and other resources for people with a dual diagnosis.
- Families Anonymous – Provides online meetings, newsletters, and other resources for family members.
- Help Guide – Provides education on addiction and other mental health issues.
- Heroin Anonymous – Provides online meetings, literature, and other resources.
- In The Rooms – Provides online meetings, blogs, and other resources.
- LifeRing: Provides online/in-person meetings, blogs, and other resources.
- Marijuana Anonymous – Provides online meetings, chatrooms, and other resources.
- Narcotics Anonymous – Provides online meetings, local meeting finder, and other resources.
- The National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI) HelpLine Coronavirus Information and Resources Guide – A resource and information guide for COVID-19.
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) – Provides fact sheets, publications for researchers and health professionals, and other resources.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) – Provides training, education, and other resources on the effects of drug use.
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) – Provides education on mental health and addiction.
- National Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome – Provides education on the effects of alcoholism during pregnancy.
- Partnership for Drug-Free Kids – Raises awareness, educates, and coordinates with community organizations to stem drug and alcohol addiction by teens in the United States.
- Reddit Recovery – Provides a space for people in recovery to share their stories and support.
- Refuge Recovery – Provides online meetings, virtual talks, and other resources.
- Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator (SAMHSA) – Recovery facility finder.
- Self-Management and Recovery Training (SMART) Recovery – Provides online meetings, forums, and other resources.
- Shatterproof – Provides addiction education, stories of recovery, and other resources.
- SoberCity – Provides online meetings, blogs, and other resources.
- Sobergrid – Provides recovery coaching, daily motivation, and credited news sources.
- Soberistas – Provides online meetings, personal stories, and other resources for women in recovery.
- Sober Recovery – Provides an online forum for those in recovery and their loved ones.
- We Connect Recovery – Provides online meetings, sobriety incentives, and other resources.
- Unity Recovery + WEconnect + Alano Club – Provides training, education, and other resources.
- SAMHSA’s Disaster Distress Helpline
- Toll-Free: 1-800-985-5990
- SMS: Text TalkWithUs to 66746
- TTY: 1-800-846-8517
- SAMHSA’s National Helpline
- Toll-Free: 1-800-662-HELP (24/7/365 Treatment Referral Information Service in English and español)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Toll-Free (English): 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- TTY: 1-800-799-4TTY (4889)
- SAMHSA Disaster Technical Assistance Center
- Christopher D. Smithers Foundation – Educates the public on the truth behind alcohol and opioid use disorders.
- Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA) – Teaches the power of community coalitions in preventing substance misuse.
- Dana Foundation – Devoted to brain research, providing information on neuroscience, neuroimmunology, and addiction.
- Drug Strategies – Supports efforts to decrease drug use through education, treatment, prevention, law enforcement, and community initiatives.
- Faces & Voices of Recovery – Advocates ending discrimination and broaden social understanding of addiction as a public health crisis.
- National Family Partnership – Promotes youth drug and alcohol prevention efforts.
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness and Mental Health America – Allied together with self-help support organizations for patients and families dealing with various mental disorders.
Addiction Blogs and Publications
- The Fix – Features expert voices and personal stories on addiction and recovery.
- The Hurt Healer – An inspirational blog by a woman in recovery.
- It’s not always Crystal clear – A Christian view on a mother’s journey from addiction through recovery.
- Waking Up the Ghost – Touches on all aspects of living life in recovery.
- Bradford Health Services – Relevant articles, from addiction specialists, on topics related to addiction.
- Addiction Recovery Guide Forums – Stories and Q&As about treatment for addiction.
- Drugs.com Forum – Discuss prescription drug addiction and how to live healthier.
- Drugs-Forum.com – A drug information and addiction forum.
- PsychForums.com – Ask questions and discuss anything from mental disorders and drug addiction.
- SMART Recovery Forums – Discuss progress and support one another through SMART Recovery.
- SoberRecovery Forums – Share stories and experiences on addiction and sobriety.
Mobile Apps for Addiction
- Sober Grid – Free location-based networking app that lets its users find and connect with others striving to recover.
- 12 Steps AA Companion – Provides a Big Book reader, prayers, Big Book promises, search tool, sobriety calculator, notes, and AA contacts database for AA members. The app is available for iPhones and Apple products for $2.99 and Android devices for $1.99.
- Clean Time Counter – This free app keeps track of the user’s sobriety by calculating the time elapsed since a starting date. Available, free for Android Devices.
- Stop Drinking with Andrew Johnson – Relaxation techniques and visualization tools to help with alcohol addiction recovery. The app is available for iPhones and Apple products for $2.99 and Android devices for $2.99.
- I am Sober – Features a daily notification that acts as an electronic buddy system to remind you of your goals and progress during recovery. The app is available for iPhones and Apple products for $1.99 and Android devices for $1.99.
Legal Privacy Protection for You:
The confidentiality of all information, including patient and family/significant other identity, that’s discovered during participation in any Bradford Health Services program is protected by Federal law and regulations. Bradford Health Services or its program participants may not say to a person outside Bradford Health Services’ program that a patient or family member/significant other has attended the program, or disclose any information identifying a patient or family member/significant other, unless the patient/family member/significant other consents in writing as required by Federal regulations.
We’re here for you around the clock. Call us 24/7 at 1-866-379-1864 for more information or to receive immediate, confidential help.
Do you need help?